Last Modified: September 15, 2014
ScanTribution Inc. (dba as Cheerful Giver) takes privacy seriously and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information. Please read the following to learn more about our policies and procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information that we collect through ScanTribution websites, through ScanTribution products and services offered via a ScanTribution website, through ScanTribution software applications (“apps”), through ScanTribution social media pages and apps, through email that ScanTribution sends to you, through ScanTribution’s offline interactions with you, and through other means offered and controlled by ScanTribution (collectively, the “Services”).
is information about you that is personally identifiable,
- » Name
- » Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses, and state/province and zip/postal code)
- » Email address
- » Telephone number
- » Usernames and passwords you create to use the ScanTribution Services
- » Credit or debit card number you provide to our third-party service provider(s) via ScanTribution to process payments
How We May Collect Personal Information. We and our service providers may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways. You may provide ScanTribution with your Personal Information when you create an account on any ScanTribution website, register your software, download a software update, register for support, sign up for services or other product or service offerings from ScanTribution, register for a seminar, purchase software, participate in a survey, or solicit communication from ScanTribution. We may also receive your Personal Information from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and other third parties. You may refuse to supply Personal Information when doing any of the foregoing, with the understanding that this may prevent you from engaging in certain activities or using certain products or services.
How We May Use Personal Information. ScanTribution collects your Personal Information because it helps ScanTribution deliver the highest possible level of customer service to you. For example, we may use
- » To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- » To provide you with our products or services, including software updates.
- » To allow you to sign up for an account so that you can, among other things, participate in our online communities or submit and track a support case.
- » To send administrative information, for example, announcements regarding our products or services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- » To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to communicate with you and provide you with related customer service.
- » To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including product announcements, educational materials, special offers and upcoming online and offline events that ScanTribution determines you might like to be notified about.
- » To personalize your experience by focusing on and presenting products and offers tailored to your interests.
- » For our business purposes, such as performing data analysis and audits, developing new products, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- » As we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If you do not want ScanTribution to keep you posted with the latest information on ScanTribution products and services from the ScanTribution.com website (but not other ScanTribution websites), click on the ‘My Account’ link on www.ScanTribution.com, then click on “Edit Login and Email Subscriptions” and update your personal communication preferences. In some cases, you can only opt in or out of ScanTribution communications by clicking on the communication preferences link at the bottom of email communications from ScanTribution.
How We May Disclose Personal Information
- » ScanTribution Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- » To our third party service providers, vendors, and strategic partners who provide services such as data hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, delivery of products or services, management and enhancement of user data, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services, and other similar services, to enable such third parties to provide the foregoing services.
- » To third parties, including our strategic partners and resellers, to permit them to assess your interest in ScanTribution’s products and services or conduct user research and surveys and to send you their own marketing communications.
- » By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, wikis and blogs, and other services within the Services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to those services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on these services.
- » To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- » As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
The aforementioned third party service providers, vendors, strategic partners and resellers may have their own privacy policies if you link to or access their websites or systems.
Protection of Personal Information. ScanTribution takes reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure alteration misuse or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact ScanTribution” section below.
Choices and Access
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
You may opt-out from:
- » Receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the communication preferences link at the bottom of the email, or by clicking on the “My Account” link on www.ScanTribution.com and then clicking on “Edit Login and Email Subscriptions” to update your communication preferences.
- » Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by e-mailing your request to us at info@ScanTribution.com.
- » Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by e-mailing your request to us at info@ScanTribution.com.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related message from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contact ScanTribution” section below. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Use of Services by Minors. The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or the age as allowed in your jurisdiction, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Cross-Border Transfer. The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using our website(s), product(s), and/or service(s), you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
Safe Harbor. ScanTribution Inc. has certified to the Safe Harbor frameworks agreed to by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union, and the U.S. Department of Commerce and Switzerland, with respect to Personal Information received from entities in the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) to us. To the extent you send us any protected health information (“PHI”), the permitted uses and disclosures thereof are governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, as amended.
How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Other Information. ScanTribution also collects information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual (“Other Information”). Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information, as well as for the purposes described below. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
of such Other Information, and ScanTribution’s collection, use, and disclosure of same,
- » Aggregated Personal Information. Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
- » Computer Information. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the website, product, and/or service you are using. We use this information to ensure that our Services are functioning properly.
- » Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your hard drive. Cookies allow ScanTribution to collect certain information about its website visitors, in order to remember their preferences, facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, understand usage and for other purposes.
- » Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies. ScanTribution may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Services or our online content.
- » Other Information Collected From You. Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it to ScanTribution. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
- » Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some parts of the ScanTribution websites to, among other things, track the actions of users and compile statistics about website usage. We may use third-party companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with them, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out webpage, located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program, located athttp://www.aboutads.info/. We use Google AdWords for ScanTribution advertisements on third-party sites that are part of the Google Display Network. You may control your receipt of such advertising cookies by following the instructions on Google’s Advertising - Policies & Principles webpage, located athttp://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
- » App Usage Data. When you download and use a ScanTribution app, we and our service providers may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number.
- » IP Addresses. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The ScanTribution online services automatically identify, capture, and log IP addresses in our server log files whenever you use them, along with the time of your visit and the page(s) that you visited. ScanTribution uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the services, track user movement, ensure the security of your interaction and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- » Physical Location. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
Links to Other Parties
P.O Box 85584
Racine, WI 53408
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.